Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Ahh the life as a college graduate and God Father!


Well, I finally graduated and I guess this should be exciting. I mean look at that face....looks excited to me.

It was a wonderful day for sure and an overall good weekend. I definitely love spending time with my family and having them all come together for whatever reason.

Though, I have to tell you. Seeing that diploma was the moment of truth when I really felt like an adult.

Moving on from graduation, I got to spend a good chunk of time with my siblings and baby niece.

I tell you, I never knew how much family meant to me until I saw that baby. Madelyn Anne Luck "Maddy" is one of the most precious things I have seen in my life. Even though she is only my niece, I still feel like she is the beginning of the next stage of my family.

My Sister told me that her husband and her had decided to ask me to be Maddy's God Father. This was a very emotional moment for me because of how much I look forward to being a parent.

I already am spoiling her and decided to buy her two little polo dresses at http://www.polo.com.

Well now its time to put a face with a name...She's adorable!


ok that's the "bad to the bone" look!


The Luck Family


Me and Maddy @ Graduation


I'm very envious of this picture.


Great Grandma Mamaw and the Grand pops.


Though, there was a lot of drama going on and family issues, overall I really enjoyed the weekend. I believe no matter how messed up your family is. You are stuck with them and they know you better than anyone else can. They can cause you the most joy and the most stress but in the end they are the most important people in my life.

And I mean how can you say "no" to this adorable girl? She is my precious God daughter.



4 comments:

Mella said...

Congratulations on your graduation! Welcome to the "real world" (or so they told me when I graduated...)

These pictures of your neice are precious - you're going to be a fantastic uncle and godfather, I'm sure. And you're right - family can cause both the most joy and the most stress, but at the end of the day, they're the most important people. Be good to them.

Kier said...

I found your blog through a comment you left at Mella's place and was really touched at how excited you are to be a god father. Maddy is a beauty!
I have a little one (6 month old Emma) and love to hear men sincerely excited to be fathers someday. It's exhillarating and challenging, and you sound like you'd be excellent at it.
Hope you don't mind me wandering around here!

Kier said...

Hmmm....think I posted here twice. But you get my point!!!!

Dirty Breacher said...

Man don't you guys wanna comment on my beautiful niece!

Mean people I tell you. :-)